I hope you are well and it’s not too cold where you live. It’s very cold here in the UK. I had to bring our rabbits fudge and marshmallow into the conservatory, it’s too cold outside for them at the moment.
I was completely surprised and so happy when a fellow blogger Kathy https://kathyscrafts.blog nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you so much kathy.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
After being nominated to next steps are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So here are the 11 questions Kathy asked and my answers.
- When did you start on your creative journey and were you inspired by anyone. I started my creative journey about 10 years ago. I was looking for a hobby. And started card making but everything over here was so frilly and lacy and that just wasn’t me so i stopped. I purchased a cross stitch magazine from a local shop. It had a free kit on it and I was hooked straight away. I picked up card making again after I discovered American branded stamos and loved the cute images. I am completely self taught. My biggest and first inspiration is Kristina Werner and I also love Kelly latevola.
- If you had time to learn a new language, what language would you choose to learn? Given the time I would love to learn Spanish.
- What is your favorite product or item that you use in your creative process? Stamps are my favourite thing to use.
- If time travel was safe and possible, what point in history might you like to visit and why then?History is not really one of my interests but i would like to travel back to the days before mobile phones and internet. The world was a very different place.
- What new creative skill would you like to learn to add to what you already know? I would love to learn lettering given some spare time.
- If you could visit any city or place in the world to help inspire you to new creative heights, what city or place might that be and why? I would love to visit the USA. I have made lots of crafty friends accross the pond and I would love to visit them. I am inspired by the coast and a beach is my favourite place to sit watching a sunset.
- Do you have a favorite animal that you like or that inspires you? I love animals I adore cats, we have three. All animals interest me they all have unique characters. The only animals I dont like are insects!
- If you eat salad, what are your favorite things you like in your salad? And favorite dressing for your salad? I do eat salad. I like rocket leaves, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Also beetroot. Heinz Salad Cream is my favourite dressing.
- What new-do-it-yourself thing/skill would you like to learn? I would love yo be able to make items from fabric like curtains, bedding, cushions.
- If you could teach a child only one thing that would help them make their way in life, what would that one thing be? I would teach them that if you work hard you can achieve anything you dream of.
- When you aren’t with the people you know and care about, or even people you have just met, what nice thing do they hopefully say about you or that you want them to say about you. That’s a hard one. I am never one to praise myself but I always try and see the positive in everything. I think they would say I am kind and think kindness and making others smile is very important.
So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed reading my questions and answers.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What one thing apart from people and animals makes you happy when you see it?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and what would you do there?
3. If you were stranded on a desert island what 2 items would you not be able to live without?
4. What is the one crafty item you can’t live without?
5. What do you do with all the crafty items you make?
6. What started your creative journey?
7. What is your all time favourite meal and what food item would you never eat?
8. Tell me about one item on your bucket list.
9. Where is your favourite place to go for a day trip?
10. What is your favourite song?
11. Tell me one interesting fact that not many people know about you.